Placement Policy Lincoln Global Academy (LGA)
The LGA placement policy will be applicable to all students registered for the PGPM+MBA programme in association with Lincoln University College (Malaysia) and is to be followed for the entire batch of students after completion of the programme. Placement activities is guaranteed by the management will be performed by the placement officer appointed by the management.
The placement service extends to graduating students and assures a guarantee on securing a job opportunity by the management.
The students registered for the Dual degree PGPM+MBA programme/ PGPM+MBA (1Year in India & 1 year in Malaysia) & Integrated Ph.D in Management programme (MBA + Ph.D) under LGA in association with Lincoln University College (Malaysia) are eligible for the placement guarantee policy.
The students enrolled in PGPM+MBA programme will receive a guarantee letter (Minimum Salary INR Rs.2.5 lacs per year to Maximum INR Rs. 40 lacs per year) for placement from the management at the time of registration and will be absorbed by various organisations at the expected time of completion of research/thesis work.
The policy does not apply to students who change their programme, quit the programme in the middle of the academic year or fail to complete the programme at the end of the academic session.
LGA provides internship with salary to all the enrolled students for Dual degree PGPM+MBA programme. The stipend for the students depends on the organisation and LGA management is not liable in any way.
- The role of the Lincoln Placement Office (LPO) is to facilitate and counsel for placement related activities. The LPO guarantees a job for all the enrolled students.
- Placement services are available only to students registered with LPO.
- Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- LPO follows one student one job policy. LPO enforces one job to one student at the first instance. It is mandatory for the student to accept the offer from a company if that is the only offer, he/she has received during a placement slot.
- Once a student is offered a job in a slot, he/she will be de-registered from the placement process and would not be allowed to appear in any further processes.
- Students waitlisted by a company can appear for other interviews unless their selection confirmation is obtained from LPO. Once an offer letter is received from a company, students are required to confirm the offer within 15 days of receiving the offer letter or before the deadline mentioned by the company, whichever is earlier.
- Students are required to verify the job details (package, job profile, terms and conditions, etc.) prior to signing the offer letter.
- Verifying the details is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- Any discrepancy observed should immediately be brought to the notice of SPO.
- Signed acceptance letter should be handed over to LPO Office for documentation purposes.
- Details of joining (date, location etc.), if not mentioned in joining letter, should be communicated to LPO, once the details are received from the company.
- Students must provide their valid/alternate contact information (email, phone numbers, point of contact at the firm etc.) in the specified form provided by LPO while requesting for no dues certificate
- No dues certificate from LPO will not be issued to placed students unless the signed offer letter is submitted at LPO Office.
- Students participating in placement activities must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews etc. and produce the same when asked by the visiting team, LPO staff or their representatives.
- Other than during interviews, under no circumstances the students are not allowed to have any direct interaction (phone calls, email, through social media etc.) with the company officials prior to interview time.
- Students are not allowed to share their personal contacts (via any means) with the companies coming for recruitment (either during interviews or during the preliminary screening phase).
- If asked to fill in the contact information at any places, contact details of LPO office should be provided (refer to the LGA site for details or contact information)
- Please inform LPO office in case if you are asked to fill in personal information by any company
- Any concerns or queries related to company specific placements should be directed to the LPO Team who will clarify the details with the company officials.
- In case if the student needs to contact a company (due to any unforeseen circumstances) prior permission must be sought from the placement officer, LPO. Email requests with details/clarifications sought should be sent to LPO and will be forwarded to the company officials by LPO office.
- Defaulters would be subject to disciplinary actions as per prevailing rules of LPO and LGA management.
The students appearing for the interview must adhere to the attire set by the LGA management.
White Shirt/ Deep Navy Blue Trousers/ Deep Navy Blue Blazer with tie for boys
White Shirt/ Deep Navy Blue Trousers/ Deep Navy Blue Blazer with tie for girls
Black Shoes for both boys and girls
** T- Shirts, Denims, Flip flops (Bathroom/Rubber), Crocs, etc. STRICTLY NOT permitted.
Students are advised to thoroughly check the profile and background of each company and take informed decisions before joining and participating in placement interview.
- LPO will NOT be liable for any default from the company's end at any later stage due to applicant disparity.
- Final selection of students may be based on Resume screening/Written tests/Group discussions/Interviews etc. and may vary as per the firm’s requirement
- Participation in final interviews is mandatory for all short-listed students.
- Short listing of students for final interview will be based on selection/cut-off criteria set by companies and may vary among participating firms.
- Only those students who have applied for the job through LPO and has been shortlisted by the company will be allowed to participate in final interview.
- Students should not engage in any discussion with the recruiters regarding final selection list and/or selection process during personal interviews
- In case if a student is interested in applying for a firm not included in the list of companies participating in campus recruitment, they are encouraged to forward the personal contact information they have in the company to LPO team. LPO may formally invite these companies for participating in campus placements. Proper reference of the source of interest will also be shared with the company during this process
Withdrawal of job applications
- Student will not be allowed to withdraw a submitted job application AFTER the last day of application deadline mentioned by the company.
- Once a student withdraws his application for a job profile offered by a company, the student will not be allowed to re-apply to the same job opening.
- If a student backs out of a job application (not appearing for interviews) after the last date of application, all rules and regulations as mentioned in disciplinary actions section will be levied
Post Selection Joining Policy
- In case a student is not willing to join the company to pursue higher studies or for any other reasons (after accepting the offer), he/she should inform both the company and LPO before deadline.
- If the candidate fails to inform the concerned authorities about his/her decision, he/she will be liable for any further consequences, including referral to the institute for disciplinary actions.
Student conduct and disciplinary actions
- Cheating/attempt in all forms during the selection process (written exams, group discussions etc.) is a serious offence.
- All students involved in these cases will be subject to Institute disciplinary actions as per prevailing rules of the Institute.
- LPO registered students caught indulging in such activities would be debarred from the placement process with immediate effect and their registration will be cancelled.
- Also note that no concessions in any form shall be provided in such case.
- Students are expected to behave with the companies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Refrain from asking inappropriate questions during Interview.
- Students should not argue with the recruiters.
- Students should maintain decorum even under provocation.
- In case of any misbehavior on part of recruiter’s during interview process, please do NOT retaliate under any circumstance, even under provocation. Please report the matter to LPO immediately
- Mobile phones are not allowed during any placement related activities. This includes written tests, group discussions, personal interviews etc.
- Additional disciplinary actions as recommended by LPO will also be imposed for repeated offence which may even lead to deregistration of students from placement processes. The penalty may be decided on a case by case manner and the decision of LGA on this will be binding and will not be reconsidered under any circumstances.
- Malpractices of any sort during written tests, group discussions, personal interviews etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Students caught attempting/presenting falsified information during LPO activities will be reported to institute authorities for disciplinary actions.
- Students involved in these violations will be deregistered from placements with immediate effect. Student will be escorted out of the examination centre and will not be allowed to participate in the current or any of the future placement activities.
- Cancellation of registration for these students will not be revoked unless cleared by LGA.
- Students involved will also be subject to Institute disciplinary actions as per prevailing rules of the Institute.
- If student, make any false claims in resume submitted for job application. Job offer will be revoked, if the case of falsified resume was found after receiving a job offer.
- Students involved will be deregistered from placements with immediate effect.
- Further disciplinary action as per decision of the LPO will also be imposed on the students.
- If a student is found to have hidden the nature of his/her enrolled program (for example, conversion to dual degree), his/her registration at LPO will be cancelled immediately and would lead to further disciplinary action as per decision of the placement officer, LPO.
- Student, if found to have violated any of the rules and regulations of LPO any other than those mentioned above or indulging in conduct unbecoming LGA student or any behaviour that may affect the relationship of the institute with a company, Case will be reported to LPO and Students involved in violation of LPO norms will also be subject to Institute disciplinary actions as per prevailing rules of the Institute.
- Students if already placed, the concerned firm will be intimated officially on the details of the violation. Under no circumstances will LPO be responsible for the firm’s follow-up actions which may even include cancellation of the extended offer.
- Decision off LPO will be binding and will not be revoked under any circumstances.
- Students found to have engaged in any discussion with the recruiters regarding final selection list during personal interviews will be debarred from participating in placement activities.
- Any sort of misbehaviour on the part of students which affects the decorum of the selection process or the reputation of LPO attracts a severe penalty as per discretion of LPO.
- The disciplinary action may be decided on a case by case manner and may vary depending on the severity of the situation.
- In case of discrepancies, all decisions taken by LPO would be final and will not be revoked under any circumstances.
All Pre-Placement Offers by any company whatsoever, extended to any student, must be immediately intimated to the LPO by the student after registration.
Students accepting or declining a pre-placement offers will have to immediately notify the Placement Office of the same. If the pre-placement offer is accepted, the job will be recorded, and he/she will NOT be allowed to participate in the campus placements. However, he/she will be allowed to participate in the process if the offer is declined. The rejection letter will be sent to the company through the LPO.
Any student found to have breached any of these rules will be debarred from the placement process. If at the time of breach, the student is already placed, the company in which he/she is placed will be intimated of the violation.
Opting out of the selection process of a company after a student has applied for it is not allowed.
Any sort of misbehaviour on the part of students which affects the decorum of the selection process or the reputation of LPO attracts a severe penalty as per discretion of LPO and as per the severity of the situation. For example, asking inappropriate questions during Interview.
Cheating in all forms or marking proxies during the selection process is strictly prohibited and those caught indulging in such activities would be debarred from the placement process. Also note that NO concessions in any form shall be provided in such case.
* Genuine reasons include health problems or other reasons subject to approval of LPO.
Guidelines for Resume
Master resume will NOT be sent to the company, you need to apply with a different resume for every company.
No bar on the length of master resume, but every point will need verification.
One cannot add/change any point/sub point that is written in the master resume while making his/her resume.
One can delete points/sub points.
If you need to state your point in a different way for the profile, LPO suggests including it again in the master resume itself even if it causes repetition.
Any change in the master resume MUST be done with the permission of LPO; Any sort of exaggeration in one/two-page resumes as compared to master resumes is not allowed and would be considered as a false claim.