Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) + Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Duration : 2 Years
Level : PGPM + MBA
PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS : This programme is exceptional as it guarantees job after completion. Unique initiatives such as internship with salary helps students learn and earn all together, student counselling and training makes students proactive and inspires them to be more decisive in action. Moreover, global orientation is organized by visit to LUC (Malaysia), global corporate establishments and learning centers and lectures by eminent faculty hailing from across the world.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION : Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50%. Applicants with beneath 50% marks in graduation are required to pass in the test (MAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/some other state level test.) to be qualified for the interview. There is no cut off score.
THE PROGRAMME STRUCTURE : The Programme (PGPM+MBA) is divided into two years as under. Each part will consist of semesters to be known as Semester – 1 and Semester – 2 (Year I) and Semester – 3 and Semester – 4 (Year II).
|Year||Semester Odd||Semester Even|
|Year I||Core Subjects + Skills Enhancing Subjects||1||2|
|Year II||Internship with Salary||3||4|
FIRST YEAR : The schedule of First Year examination shall comprise of two semesters: Semester 1 and Semester 2. At the end of second semester, students will go for summer holidays. The schedule of papers during first year of the programme shall be as follows:
Semester – 1
- LGAPGPM 1113 Organizational Behaviour
- LGAPGPM 1123 Principles of Management
- LGAPGPM 1133 Human Resource Management
- LGAPGPM 1143 Fundamentals of Financial Management and Accounting
- LGAPGPM 1153 Information Technology Management
- LGAPGPM 1163 Skills Enhancing Module
- Business Communication
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Decision Optimisation
- Growing Business Enhancement
Semester – 2
- LGAPGPM 1213 Strategic Planning and Analysis
- LGAPGPM 1223 Business Ethics and CSR
- LGAPGPM 1233 Business Research and Analysis
- LGAPGPM 1243 Specialisation Courses
- Market Research and Consumer Behaviour
- Advertising and Brand Management
- Retailing, Internet and Sales Promotion Management
- Advanced Research in Marketing and Services
Human Resource Management
- Management of Industrial Relations
- Negotiation, Compensation, Counselling: Strategies
- Cross Cultural and Global Management
- Manpower Planning and Development
International Business Management
- Globalisation and Global Monetary System
- Global Trade and Investment Environment
- Strategy and Structure of International Business
- International Business Operations
- Principles and Practices of Pharmaceutical Marketing Management
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Issues
- Advanced Bioscience and Clinical Studies
- Pharmaceutical Promotion
Hotel and Tourism Management
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Tourism Industry: Principles, Policies and Practices
- E-Tourism and Event Management
- Food and beverage Management
- Revenue Management and Hotel Analytics
Information Technology Management
- Computer Application in Management
- Management Information System
- Electronic Commerce
- Database Development and Network Principles
SECOND YEAR : Admission to Second Year of the programme shall be open to only those students who have cleared successfully at least eight papers out of the thirteen papers offered during First Year of the programme comprising of 1st and 2nd Semesters taken together. However, each student would have to clear the remaining papers while studying in Second Year.
The schedule of Second Year shall comprise of two semesters: Semester 3 and Semester 4. The schedule of during Second Year of the programme shall be as follows:
Semester 3 and Semester 4
Internship with salary is one of the concepts of the Post‐Graduate Program. It is similar to “learning from the field”. In the process, students get a feel of organizational reality: what it is, how it works, and the relationship between diverse functions. Students can relate classroom teaching to pprox. tional life. To that extent, the so‐called gap between theory and reality is bridged.
PROGRAM DESIGN :
According to the Indian higher education system,
- Two semesters of five to six months in duration, versus academic terms spread over 10 to 12 months.
- Credits based on the workload of the learner, with one credit point generally corresponding to 30 to 40 learning hours.
- Comprehensive continuous assessment (versus end-of-year examinations).
- New assessment protocols based on grades rather than marks, and the use of cumulative grade point scores to define overall achievement.
- Curricular flexibility and increased options for student mobility.
- Regular updates to curriculum.
Under the guidelines of the RUSA reform initiatives, the LGA semester includes a minimum of 90 teaching days spread over 18 weeks, with clear definitions on the duration of instruction, assessment, and end-of-semester examinations for evaluation. LGA follows RUSA instructional methodology, with a reduced emphasis on lecturing and increased opportunity for student interaction. Instruction is divided into three components: Lecture, Tutorial, Practical (lab, fieldwork, case studies) (LTP), with credits weighted for each component based on hourly contact per week.